Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Something God Never Is?


Right about now, you’re trying to figure out what is he talking about.  Well, I want to talk about something that God never is: surprised!   He is never caught off guard!  Never can it be said that He did not see it coming, regardless what “it” is.  Most of the stress in our life comes when we are caught off guard:  death, sickness, loss of job, accident, unfaithfulness, cheating, and divorce, just to name a few.  None of these are a surprise to our heavenly Father. 
Yesterday I talked about the “real me”, the “real you”.  I included the verses from Matthew 10, where Jesus tells His disciples, there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.  Mark records a similar statement, there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.  Those hidden things are never hidden from the Father.  They are only hidden to us.  We get caught off guard!  He knows how many sparrows there are.  Yes, the sparrows that I shot with my BB gun as a kid.  Jesus tells us that the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  As we get older this may keep Him busier as we keep losing hair; but He knows.

If He knows and is not surprised, He also has a plan for you, and for me!  In Jeremiah 29:11, God tells the Israelites, being held captive in Babylon, “I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  These were the people that had turned their back on God.  If this was true for them, the same is true for His children today, for those who have given their life to Him and accepted His Son as their Savior.

Paul tells the Philippians: 
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus…… And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

The next time you are caught off guard and feeling that God has deserted you, forgotten you or let you down, think about those pesky sparrows that dirty up your windshield.  He has not deserted, forgotten or let down the sparrows,

AND

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’….. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow.

Please help me Lord to trust you completely and cast all my cares on you.  Please help me to know you better and deeper each moment of each day.  Thank you Father for being my Jehovah-rapha, my healer; my Jehovah-jireh, my provider; Jehovah-tsidkenu, my righteousness; and, Jehovah-shalom, my peace. 

Thank You Lord for a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

No comments: