Thursday, November 10, 2011

As Good As It Gets


Many of you recognize this as the title of a 1997, Jack Nickolsen/Helen Hunt, movie about an obsessive-compulsive writer.  One day, after leaving his psychiatrist, he asks, “What if this is as good as it gets?”  I want you to consider if “this is as good as it gets”! 
That is a rhetorical question.  The best is still to come.  We are just on temporary assignment, TDY.  Heaven is our home, but do you realize that we are better off than the disciples, better off than all those people listening to Jesus preach.  Yup! That’s what scripture says.   John records Jesus telling his disciples that “it is better for you that I go away, for if I may not go away, the Comforter will not come.“  The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
I want you to consider these statements in light of my last blog where we considered the statement, The power of the Lord was present to heal them”.  The next time you think that the those people were better off back there 2000 years ago, considered Jesus’ statement that it is better now.
If you and I are not experiencing this “better”, we need to ask why?
AND, if not, Why?
HOW?
AND, if not, How? What?
What do we need to do, to have, to be, in order to experience this “better” life?

No comments: