Friday, August 26, 2011

Where am I going?

In reference to this "blog thing", I really don't know.  I am taking each day as it comes to me,  Most of my thoughts, come to me while in bed.  That's here I do a lot of my thinking.  Over the years, most of my lectures were developed while laying in bed.  I have a few topics in mind as to what I want to discuss; but today is not one of them.  As I was laying in bed this morning, I thought about my first three blogs and sort of analyzed them as to what I actually mentioned or related to.  I talked about God, country, taking one day at a time, faith, patience, perseverance, trust, lust, greed, selfishness, stealing, sharing, contentment, peace, and happiness.  That's quite a lot for three blogs.  I also talked about our marriage.  When you combine the first list with how they relate to marriage and relationships, you can explain many of our problems.  As to relationships in general and marriage, specifically, any single one of these issues can destroy a relationship.

Why do marriages fail? Over the last 50 years the percentage of marriages failing has increased.  People used to get married younger, yet waiting has not proved to the key to success. Linda and I got married young.  That is not the key to success; but for us it meant that we never developed individual life styles and friends.  We moved away from our home base, leaving old friends; forcing us to form new common friends and forcing us to depend on each other. 

We are told that couples need to co-habitate before marrying to determine whether they are compatible.  Co-habitating with no commitments is a joke.  It is nothing more that an attempt to place legitimacy on an illegitimate relationship.  It is based on lust, and greed.  Co-habitating has not led to better marriages.

Being a Christian does not seem to be the key; because the failure rate of Christian marriages is no better than non-christian.  Why? a carnal Christian acts no different than a non-christian except that they have accepted Jesus as savior. Unless a Christian commits to becoming something more than a CINO, nothing will change in their relationships.  What is a CINO?  "Christian In Name Only".  Have I mastered being something more than a CINO?  NO, but I am working at it. 

Show me a Christian who spends little time in the WORD of GOD; and I will show you a CINO.  I will show you a carnal christian.

"For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men"