Saturday, August 27, 2011

Love those M & M's

How much do Americans spend on M & M's  every year?  A $million, 10 million, 100 million?

How about over 1 BILLION.  Yup!

I love M & M's; but since last November, I have had less than 10.  Guess what!  I don't crave them anymore.  Why is this significant?  It is an example of how we can control our desires.  We use the word "LOVE" so loosely. We "love" everything!  We say two people fell in love; sounds like they tripped accidently and could not help themselves.  Then they tripped again and fell in love with someone else.  Could not help it!  Just happened and I am a victim of my emotions.  A spouse tells their partner that they don't love them anymore.  What a bunch of CRAP!!  Forgive my French.  If I use the word DUNG, would it sound Biblical

Love is a decision.  Love is a commitment.  How do I know?  Because Jesus commands us to:
"love the Lord thy God with all thy heartand with all thy souland with all thy mind."  God would not command us to do something that we can not control.  We decide to make a commitment to love God first and our neighbor second.


Today lust, selfishness and desires to be stroked, trump commitment.  I have heard Christians say God told me it was OK to leave my spouse.  He wants me to be happy.  Show me the verse.  God can not violate his will and his character and will never give his blessing on something that is contrary to his Word and character. We are the BODY of Christ.  When we defile our body, we defile Christ's body. 


 Paul says to the Corinthians:

If you give no thought (or worsedon’t careabout the broken body of the Master when you eat and drinkyou’re running the risk of serious consequences.  That’s why so many of you even now are listless and sickand others have gone to an early grave.

Do we really want to run the risk being sickly and going to an early grave, just so we can satisfy our carnal desires.  Well, DO YOU?


No comments: