Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How to eat an elephant!!

It's simple!  One bite at a time!  In our fast paced society, we are always looking and planning months ahead. Many times we do not start projects because they seem too big.  We want to see the whole picture before we start.  Linda and I started an effort to loose weight and exercise, last November.  To date, we have lost 135 pounds between the two of us and we bike 10 miles a day, 3-6 times per week.  Retiring was a step of faith,  I wish I could know what will happen in the stock market with my retirement. 

Starting this blog is something that even surprised myself.  I am taking it one bite at a time.

In business, we are told to have 5-year plans.  However the Lord tells us: "do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things".  James tells us: "you say, today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, and spend a year there and carry on a successful business,” when, all the while, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. For what is the nature of your life? Why, it is but a mist, which appears for a short time and then is seen no more. Instead of that you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we shall live and do this or that.”

We often say that we are asking for God to guide us with some special revelation.  Why would He waste a special revelation on us, when we won't even follow the advice and commands he already has given us.  Are we so unique that we need "special" treatment.

If you do not wish to receive updates to this blog, please let me know and I will remove you name.  If I do not hear from you, I will assume you wish to continue on my list.  If you have someone that you think would like to be added; also, please let me know and I will add them.

Have a great day, taking it one bite at a time!!!!!

No comments: