Saturday, March 30, 2013

If’s and but’s

-->

If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas
Don Meredith, former SMU and Dallas Cowboys                                                                         quarterback and Monday Night Football                                                                                     announcer

 

 

The devil is in the details.  The tempter’s “ifs”:

Matthew 4:3 NIV

The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."

Matthew 4:6 NIV

"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: " 'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.' "


Matthew 4:9 NIV

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

But your   Father   says:

Matthew 6:30 NIV

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 7:11 NIV

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Matthew 17:20 NIV

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

 Matthew 21:21 NIV

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Mark 11:23 NIV

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.

Luke 12:28 NIV

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!

Luke 17:6 NIV

He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

John 8:19 NIV

Then they asked him, "Where is your father?" "You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

John 14:7 NIV

If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.

John 14:23 NIV

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

John 15:5 NIV

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:7 NIV

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

Who you going to believe?

If “ifs’ were true, the church would be a powerful force in the world!!!!!


No comments: