Sunday, March 10, 2013

HOGWASH!!


HOGWASH!!

How fast can you type?  The reason I ask is because you will have only five minutes in the scenario we have been talking about in the last two blogs.  I am a hunt and peck typer.  In high school I took typing class on the advice of my sister, Sharon.  She said I would have to be able to type for college.  Well I took it and got a “C”.  It was the only “C’ that I received in high school. In fact I think it is the only “C” on any of my transcripts.  Turns out, I did not need it anyway for college.  I started dating my wife, Linda, the first semester in college.  She was and is a super typer, plus the fringe benefits made me forget those “C’s”. 

However, in my scenario, she won’t be able to help so I have to choose my words carefully since I only have five minutes.  So I am first going to tell you what I don’t plan on saying in my “last digital message".  I do not want to waste precious time.  I want everyone on my list to join me in heaven.  I want them to get to know my heavenly Father.  I want everything that I say to help achieve these results.  Here goes my e-mail.

I will be dead in five minutes so this is my last message.  I want to leave each of you a copy of my personal Bible, but I can’t but I can ask each of you to get a Bible and start reading it by reading the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John plus Acts.  Keep reading these over and over again with a complete open mind, forgetting what you have been told in church or Sunday school.  Find who Jesus was and what He spent His time on earth doing.  Every time you read about a miracle, note in the margin what type miracle it was.  What was His response to everyone who came to Him with a need?  What was the disciple’s response to similar situations?  What did they do?  Who was Jesus taking directions from and who were the disciples taking directions from?

TIMES UP, Stop typing.  Wait! I can’t type.  I’m dead!

Now back to reality.  Since I was still alive, I figured I’d do a spell check so this blog would look better but my spelling errors could have stayed and I hope all my friends and family would forgive me if I did not do one since I had only five minutes.

You will note that there were many things I did not say.  I did not say go to church.  Going to church does not make you a Christian, anymore than parking in a garage makes you a car.  I have a hunch that there will many church goers in hell.  Jesus even said so much:
Matthew 7: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now, I would hope that all would find a church where they would be fed the pure unadulterated Word of God.  They are hard to find.  Even most Bible believing churches, self-proclaimed I must say, do not teach the unadulterated Word.  Most are filtered through a denominational or non-denomination filter.  Much of what is taught is tradition and most don’t even realize it.  Why do I say this?

If today’s churches were preaching the gospel of the 12 in Matthew 10:7-8:
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

and the 70 in Luke 10:8-9:
8And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: 9And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

We would see the results that they saw in Luke 10:17-20:
17And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now some of you are coming up with a multitude of reasons to refute what I just said but my reply is: “HOGWASH!!”

No comments: