Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sgt. Preston, Barney Fife, Jack Bauer and you



SGT. PRESTON of the Yukon
(black and white tv show in 50”s, he was member of Canadian Mounted police, with red uniform, not sure how we were supposed to know that with B&W TV)
“This (red) tunic is a warning to the lawless that no matter where they go, justice is not far away.  It’s probably saved more lives than armor plate and done more to bring peace to the Yukon than all the guns of her majesty’s army”.

“I arrest you in the name of the crown”

BARNEY FIFE
[after the two farmers crowd him when he asks them to move their vegetable stand outside of the town limits]
“You're both a lot bigger than I am, but this badge represents a lot of people. And they're a lot bigger than either of you. Now are you going to get movin'?”

“I have to uphold the law, no matter what! It's only what any responsible person should do. Why, even if I weren't a policeman, I would still arrest you for making a illegal U-turn... any person can do that, you know... it's called a citizen's arrest.”

JACK BAUER
“I can’t tell you what to do. I’ve been wrestling with this one my whole life. I see fifteen people held hostage on a bus, and everything else goes out the window. I will do whatever it takes to save them – and I mean whatever it takes."

YOU, a believer in Jesus Christ
Peter said:

“Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk”

“And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

“By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.”

JESUS said:
“these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out
demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

“I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

“truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”


Is it any wonder that the early church father turned the world upside down?  Can you imagine if every Christian in every Christian church believed in their delegated authority as a believer and the armor of God to the extent of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon or Barney Fife in Mayberry and had the tenacity and determination of Jack Bauer on the TV show 24?

Just because someone does not believe that these promises still apply today, does that in someway negate the promises?  No Way!  The words Paul wrote to the Romans regarding the unbelief of the Jews applies also to the Gentiles.

What then? If some did not believe, will their unbelief cancel God's
faithfulness? Absolutely not! God must be true, but everyone is a liar,

Is it any wonder that NASA just forbade the use of the name JESUS in the announcement of a Christian club of NASA employees who were holding a praise and worship?

We can take the name of the Lord in vain.

We must not disrespect the “prophet” Mohammad.

BUT

We can not use the name of Jesus

A sad commentary on today’s church is:

Satan is more aware of the power in the name of JESUS than the typical Christian.

No comments: