Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Whom It May Concern


Yesterday I talked about THE GREAT PHYSICIAN.  I am sure the reaction to that blog covered a wide range of viewpoints. 
If you are a reader who is not a Christian, you may think that guy has gone off the deep end.  Well, let me assure you that I have not.  Neither have I come upon these views recently.  I have believed this most of my professional life.  I see no conflict with my belief in the Great Physician and being a dentist.  As you read on, you will see why.  I would also ask you to please surrender your will to God and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  If you don’t know how, please email me and I will gladly help you.
If you are a Christian who believes that divine healing is as much a part of God’s plan today as it was during “Bible times”, you probably said “AMEN”!
If you are a Christian who is not sure it is God’s will to heal.  Let me ask you, ‘Does God want all people to be saved?  Are all people saved or going to be saved?
Scripture tells us, The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
In spite of His “not willing that any should perish”, many will and do.
Some Christians think that Jesus could heal because He was the Son of God and he could do anything.  He was not limited; but Mark tells us that when Jesus went to His own country, “ he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief.”
Jesus was limited by their unbelief then, why should it be any different today!  Why would He heal someone who does not believe that He wants to.  Most Christians believe that God can heal, but are not sure that he wants to heal.
I find it very ironic that Ben Stein, a Jew by nationality and religion said, “Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that God will.  Ben Stein knows Jehovah-Rapha.
Some of you are thinking, “Is Merle saying we should not go to doctors?”  Absolutely not!  The only Christians that should go to doctors are those who believe that God wants them to be healthy!  If you believe that God put sickness on you to teach you something or to in some crazy way bring Him glory, please don’t sin and go to your doctor to circumvent the will of God for your life.  Don’t make your doctor complicit in your plan to circumvent God’s will. 
Why do I become sick sometimes?  Guess what!  I am the first to admit that my faith is not as strong as it should or could be.  I also sin.  I don’t spend as much time as I should getting to know my God.  I don’t fast and pray like I should.  My faith is less than mustard seed size!  I am still growing!  PLEASE DON’T BASE YOUR FAITH ON ME!  Don’t base your theology on what you see happen to me.  Base your faith on the Word!. Base your faith on Jesus!  Base your theology on how Jesus reacted when He encountered the sick.  If someone can show me that Jesus ever said that His Father did not want to heal them; then I will change my theology!  Trust me.  Nobody can. Nobody will!  It’s not in the Word!
If you are a Christian who does not believe that God wants to heal, please consider what Jesus said to Philip when Philip wanted to see the Father:
“Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.”
Forget what your church says!
Forget what your preacher says!
Forget what your denomination says!
Forget what your parents taught you!
Forget what you have always believed!
Look at JESUS!
Get to know His Father
Get to know Jehovah-Rapha
Get to know your GOD!!!!!

No comments: