Sunday, October 16, 2011

NO FEAR



NO FEAR is a slogan or label that is seen on much sportswear.  It is a slogan that athletes use to show confidence.   They have “no fear” of their opponents!  They want to instill fear in their opponents.
What does “NO FEAR” have to do with the recent blogs?  This morning our pastor’s sermon was on Mark 4:35-41.  As he was preaching the “NO FEAR” slogan came to me.  Jesus rebuked his disciples because of their fear.  He said, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?Jesus equated fear with “no faith”.  Fear means no faith.  Faith means “no fear”. 
The writer of Hebrews tells us, “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
James tells us, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
It is interesting to note that Job, after losing everything said, “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”
What was the one thing that Job did not fear?  Job did not fear death!  He said, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.”
What was the one thing that God told Satan he could not take?
“Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.”
Fear is the doorway for Satan to come in!  Faith is the doorway for our Father to reward those who diligently seek HIM.  Faith pleases our Father!  Fear pleases Satan!
Fear is a measure of our faith!

No comments: