Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scriptural 3-Week Prayer Warrior Plan



-No meat
-No alcohol
-No soft drinks
-No seasonings
-Plain bread
-No showers or bathes
-No shaving
-No frivolous talk
-No laughing or smiling
You ask:  “where did I get this plan?”  It is right out of Daniel 10: 2-3. 
“During those days, I, Daniel, went into mourning over Jerusalem for three weeks.  I ate only plain and simple food, no seasoning or meat or wine. I neither bathed nor shaved until the three weeks were up.”

Daniel had received vision and prayed for the interpretation.  He was in mourning and prayed for 3 weeks before receiving the answer.   Daniel was about 80 years old at the time.  This was the guy that spent the night in the lion’s den.  Daniel was a man of faith.  At 80 years old, you would think that he would not have fast to get his prayers answered.  Surely God would answer his prayers instantly!
I don’t know of anyone who has ever done this.  I don’t know if I could ever do such a thing; but when I read this I am convicted never to suppose knowing God’s will, based on my experiences.   I have learned and continue to tell myself: I can know God’s will only from His Word, by knowing His character and studying His Son’s ministry.

No comments: