Monday, September 26, 2011

I Can’t Believe I Ate The Whole Thing!!


How many times have you heard someone say” “I can’t believe I ate the WHOLE bag of cookies!” or, “I can’t believe I ate the WHOLE bag of chips!”  Well, think of what you meant when you said “whole”.  It carries special meaning or emphasis, WOW! That was a lot of cookies or chips!
Now keep that thought and think of the last few blogs regarding the command to “put on the whole armor of God.”  This is God’s WHOLE armor.  There is no more! 
Think of being given the WHOLE arsenal of the U.S.  military to use for your personal use whenever needed. Every bomb!  Every airplane!  Every gun!  Every tank!  Every ship!  Every missile! Every everything!  Now add that you could use this arsenal preemptively when you thought you might be attacked!  Now add that not only could you protect yourself; but, were encouraged to annihilate your enemy with the full blessing of the U.S. government.  WOW!!!
WELL, not only God has given us His WHOLE armor; but, commanded us to use it.  God does not need this armor!  We do!  This armor was designed especially for every Christian.  This armor was designed to be used exclusively by faithful Christians!  This armor will not work for the unsaved!  Satan cannot use it.  His demons can’t use it.  This armor will only fit the faithful Christian.  Think back to when David was going out to fight Goliath, King Saul wanted to give David his armor to wear.  David tried it on; but it did not fit.  David had on God’s armor.  It fit perfectly!
I can’t believe I have been given the WHOLE armor or God!
YES I CAN because the Word says so!  So can you!
Now act like we believe it!

No comments: