Thursday, February 19, 2015

Does Spandex Make My Butt Big?


Does Spandex Make My Butt Big?

Truthful answer: Spandex has nothing to do with the size of your butt.  Your butt does not change based on what you wear. 

Wise answer: Honey, your butt is not big.   I don’t know why you think it is.

Spandex was designed in hell.  Ninety percent of the people wearing spandex should not be wearing it because those tiny stretch fibers are working way too hard.  The ten percent that look good wearing it are tempting the observers to violate the 7th commandment.

Now that I have your attention, I don’t want to talk about “big butts” or “Spandex”.  I want to talk about big “But’s”.  The big “But’s” are those “but’s” that we say after we read something in the Bible or hear something that we know is true BUT don’t think it applies to me; or does not agree with my religion.  Now for those of you who don’t think you have religion, you have just violated the 9th commandment.  Every Christian has created a view of God based on what they have read in the Bible, life experiences, past teachings (even from very sincere Christian preachers), past books, past devotionals.

Some of these views align better with scripture than others.  NO ONE has a complete understanding of the Word of God, or of God, for that matter.  Every person has violated every one of the 10 commandments.  Again if you deny this, you are lying.  WE all have and do violate the first commandment: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.  We all read the Word and filter the words we read through our experiences, rather than the WORD.  I challenge everyone, reading this, to read the Bible and when you come across something you find difficult to accept or want to dismiss based on your past experiences, past teachings or what your “local church” accepts; consider the big “BUT”.

I know that the Bibles says:

It is not you who chose me, but it is I who chose you and appointed you that you might go and be fruitful and that your fruit might remain; so that whatever petition you present to the Father in my name He may give you.
 John 15:16

BUT…………


I know the Bible says: 

Is any one ill? Let him send for the Elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, after anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will restore the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up to health; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven. James 5:14-15

BUT………..




Filter the these verses through the context and promise of John 15:7-9

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. John 15:7-9.

AND

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-8

Ask yourself, “Am I abiding in Him?, Is His Word abiding in me?  COMPLETELY?  FULLY?  NO DOUBT?  NO FEAR?  UNEQUIVICALLY?

REMEMBER:

There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.  Romans 8:1

We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


Filter the Words of James 5:14-15 through the context of Romans 8:1 and 28.  Part of us does not want to admit or realize that what God allows to happen to us, is always for our good, as He sees it; and His Glory.   He wants to transform us into the image of Christ for His glory.  Whatever it takes!  We are slow learners.

No comments: