Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting VERY Personal



It’s 6 am in the morning and I have been laying  awake in bed for the last 30 minutes thinking about you.  You ask, “me personally”?  Yes, if you are on my “blog family email list”.  You allow me to send you emails.  You allow me onto your computer.  You tolerate me to spam you.  That means a lot to me.  There have been a very small number of people, fewer than six, who have requested that they be removed from my “blog family email list”, none recently.  Each time I get a request, I feel hurt, asking myself if I have offended them.  I ask myself, “Should I continue you to blog?"  I continue to blog because I feel it is something led by God to do.  Everyday I pray for you.   I pray everyday for everyone of my family, my friends and everyone that I come into contact with.  Some of you, my family, are in all of those categories.  All the others of you are in two of those categories, you are my friends and you allow me to be in contact with you.  For that, I thank you.

What is my prayer for you?  Everyday I pray my spiritual warfare prayer for you.  I truly believe every thing that I say in these blogs and take it very seriously.  I believe that we, you, me, this country, our world, are under attack constantly by Satan.  Why?  It says so in the Bible!

Before I go any farther, I want to tell you what my prayer is.  Linda and I pray this prayer every night and every morning for you.   It is:

“Father, in the name of Jesus, I take authority over Satan and all of his demons, that he can not touch, Eric, Brenda, Lachan, Jade, Kyle, Danielle, Kaleb, Gracie, Jared, Linda, myself, our family our friends, their health, their finances, their possessions and everything they come into contact with.  I thank you Father that we have on your whole armor.  I thank you that I a have on your Belt of Truth, that I on the Breastplate of Righteousness, that I have my feet shod with the Gospel of peace, that I have your Shield of Faith that quenches all the fiery darts of the evil one, that I have on the Helmet of Salvation, that my mind is renewed by the Word of God, and that I have your Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, which is life, health and peace.”

We have prayed this prayer everyday for about the last 35+ years.

What I have just shared with you, I have never shared before with anyone.   I felt that it was time I shared it with you all. 

The reason I blog is that I want to share “me” with you, but I want to share someone else with you, Jesus Christ.  I want every one of you to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, and join in this battle.  Many of you have already accepted Jesus as your Savior.  I hope all.  Some may not be sure.  Some may say, “Well I joined the church when I was teenager.”  Or, "I belong to a church".  Or, "I am not an atheist so I guess I’m a Christian".  Or, "I think I am saved, but who can know for sur"e.  If you can not say 100%, that you are saved, please email me and I want to talk to you.

If I have offended anyone today, I do not apologize.  I am, however sad.  Why do I not apologize?  Because I am doing what I am commanded to do in scripture.

“we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,  but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.” (1 Corinthians 1:23-25)

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16

Well, it is 7 am and I will quit blogging for today. 

Thank you for allowing me to get personal!

1 comment:

David Daffern said...

Thank you for your prayers!